Saturday, October 3, 2009

Movie Night

We went and saw our first movie together here in Switzerland. We went and saw The Informant. Not too bad of a movie, as long as you understand some of the background, which I do since I've read the books and work for the company the movie is based on (and probably why I have a job!). It was fun to see some of the filming sites in Decatur (Decatur Conference Center/Old Holiday Inn, Lakeside Motel, downtown and some ADM structures) and then to see the drive on Brush College by the bioproducts plant...that was my morning drive to the office when we were there. And, it was interesting to see the "corporate office lobby" which is nothing like the actual corporate office lobby. But the inside did sorta resemble the trading floor....sorta. I do have to say the Effingham movie theatre needs to learn something from here. The seats were cushy and high stadium seating, so you are definitely not worrying about anyone being in your way. Oh, and they had molded cup holders (that won Gene over). The only disappointment was the seats did not recline. :( Oh and if anyone is interested in reading the books behind this movie, I do have them. The Informant is a novel based on the happenings and then there is The Rats in the Grain, which is basically a documentary...but very good.

2 comments:

Moeller's said...

How the movie night started in the theatre...By Gene Moeller

We sat down and the lights went low. I could sense what was going to happen. It hung in the air like the fog on a cool, fall night. She had a look in her eyes I hadn't seen for a many of years. Her hands started moving, slowly at first then at a more feverish pace. Reaching into the darkness, groping, pawing, finally finding what she was longing for. For what seemed like an eternity her hands moved back and forth until she was finally finished, satisfied. Slowly Ang leaned over and said to me, "I am done with the popcorn, you can have the rest," leaving me to finish the remaining kernals in the bottom of the container. Oh, how she loves that movie popcorn. Not as much as Jacque Holsapple but still, she enjoys it all the same.

Rob said...

That my friend is funny right there! I tell you what...