I am not...
I was coming home from Hamburg last night and was not able to take a direct flight to Geneva. I transferred in Zurich. I had enough time to go to the bathroom and was walking to the gate as they were boarding...very tight connection. The gate was down some stairs. They were tiled and dusty; therefore, slick. I was in flat sandals (better to travel in than heels). I was about two or three steps from the top and my right foot went out from under me. My left foot stayed somewhat...I went down about 6-7 stairs...my feet were in opposite directions. I caught myself with my right foot and right hand. My left foot did drag down a few of the stairs...top first. I was overall OK, but could tell immediately that I was going to pay for it.
During the flight, I was able to pop some tylenol. I could tell by the end of the 30-45 min flight that my left foot was already starting to swell, my right arm hurt from the palm to the mid arm and my left leg hurt.
I went to go get my luggage and it took forever. By the time it arrived, I only had about 5 minutes to get to the train station, buy my ticket and get on the train...not gonna happen...barely going to miss it, but I was going to try...slowly. I was at the top of the escalator to go to the train platform when it was leaving! If I hadn't of fallen, I would have made it no problems. So, then I had to wait 45 minutes for the next train at 10:30 pm. By the time I got home, the top of my foot, right by my toes, was starting to turn colors, was definitely hurting and swollen. Gene got the ice pack out, propped my foot up and froze me for a while.
This morning, my foot is a nice light blue color, still swollen and definitely hurts to touch (don't worry, nothing is broken...I can move it all and put weight on it, just really sore). I have a bruise on my shin and it's slightly swollen. A bruise on my knee. My entire arm is sore and hurts to stretch or put my arm above my head. I'm taking meds to help feel better, but just want to lie on the couch all day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment