The weather here in Switzerland has just been bizarre. Two weekends ago, it snowed the entire Saturday. We got about 6-8 inches of snow that day. Then, a few days later, got about 8 more inches. Ended up with over a foot in less than 5 days. I was in Hamburg for the 2nd round, so I missed most of that. It was all before Dec 1. There was supposed to be another winter storm hitting on Friday last week, so they recommended that everyone traveling on business come home early. I had to rearrange my flights, check out of the hotel and get to the airport...did that in less than 2 hours. Yikes!! Luckily, that storm did not produce much. But, that was the most snow the elevation we are at has gotten at one time in who knows how long...most people can't remember and before December. Sunday this past weekend, it started raining...and rained for more than 24 hours. The snow was all gone after that. It's been raining on and off since then. Today it got up to almost 50 here. Tonight, we had (are still having) a thunderstorm. It's been lightening, thundering and pouring rain here! Crazy!!! And, I hear that home is going to be getting a winter storm about the time we come home...joy, fun, and all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment