Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Just finished baking the pumpkin roll...just need to put the filling in. Made the rest of the cake mix into a pumpkin cake that is baking now (will take into work tomorrow to eat as we are unpacking in the new office...hope we can find the plates and forks easily in the boxes!!).
Gene has got the rest of the meal planned out. Turkey breasts are in the fridge waiting, green beans ready to be made into green bean casserole (thanks to my bosses in Decatur who brought the onions to go on top last week - they were great!), he bought sweet potatoes (yuk) today at the Morges market, thanks to Kelly who brought the cranberry sauce (yuk again) and pumpkin (to make the pumpkin roll) and not sure what else is on the menu really.
After I get done unpacking my office (I have to work over here), going to head home a few hours early and need to pick up Kelly (former audit co-worker that switched departments and moved to Europe at the beginning of the month) from the train station...then time for feasting!! And, I'm DVR'ing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade so I can watch it while we are eating!! :)
We'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow and missing you, too! Have a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment