In mid-November, I went to Prague for the European accounting meetings. I had been before with Gene, but this was just for training. I didn't do any sight-seeing really. The biggest moment was that our entire European audit team, including our India office was there. We went for a big group dinner on our first night there, which was a great time. We were in a traditional Czech place and were having a great time chatting and just enjoying the time. After we finished eating, the team completely surprised me with a going away card and present (beautiful purple Swarovski necklace and matching earrings). Andre, who has been my right-hand here, gave a very touching speech, which made me cry. I was not at all expecting a going away anything, so I wasn't prepared at all for it. I did not have any time to really think about the fact that this would be my last time in Europe with many of the team, the team that I had worked very hard at building up. I read the card finally in my hotel room and cried, cried and cried some more. It's so sad to be leaving my team!! And, I was touched by what so many people (not only the audit team) had wrote to me in the card. I was glad that I was able to make a good impression on the European office.
The next evening was a night out with all the accounting team. It was another good-bye dinner...sort-of. I sat with other friends I had made throughout my time here in Europe and we had fun signing with the accordian and tuba player that came in to serenade us. :) It was sad to say good-bye to so many people I have worked with in my 3 years here in Europe. Before going on this trip, I did not even think about the fact that I would be saying good-bye to so many people at that point in time. I really was not prepared for that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment