Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Small World

We've realized how small the world is the past week. Our first night in Hamburg we went to the mall and went to a Thai restuarant to eat. We were just eating our food and this guy steps up and asks if we are from the US (it's pretty obvious). We said yes, of course. Then, he asked where from because he's from Peoria. He figured the central IL/MO area because of Gene's Cardinal's hat. We told him that we used to live in central IL area. I told him that I went to Bradley in Peoria - he did too and to U of I. I told him that we moved to Switzerland and that I worked for ADM in Decatur and now here. He works for CAT. He moved to Germany about 5 years ago and then met/married his wife here. We chatted for a bit more and he and his wife left. Then, today, Gene was waiting for me in my office building by the elevator (I was already waiting for him several blocks away - but that's besides the point). Someone came down the elevator and saw Gene and started talking to him. The guy said, that he knew someone in town who told him that he met someone (at the Thai place at the mall) from the US wearing a Cardinal's hat and his wife worked at ADM. Funny, that was us. Proves that you can't take Gene anywhere without meeting someone from the US that will talk to him. Now everyone...it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.................

No comments: