I had my 6 week follow-up appointment with the nurse practitioner yesterday. It was quite strange to be there without Dr. Odunsi, but we both were happy with Kathe, the nurse practitioner. She was very good at answering our questions, or at least the ones she had answers to. We still have several unanswered questions...the biggest one of why. Owen's autopsy results had come back recently and there was nothing that the pathologist/coroner saw that caused his death. Some of the other questions cannot be answered until I have more blood work done in a couple of weeks. She suggested getting detailed genetic screening done for both of us. They had done some on me, but she did not think it would have been a full genetic workup.
Some of the answers are...that I would be considered high risk in any future pregnancy, which is what we expected. Depending on the blood work results and genetic screening, I more than likely would be referred to a specialist in Springfield or Champaign. I would have more doctor's visits and ultrasounds throughout any pregnancies, as well. We are still waiting on the panel of doctors to review our case to see if anything was overlooked or missed along the way. (All infant deaths are reviewed by a panel of doctors from Springfield, Decatur and Champaign.)
So, at this point...we are still waiting for the next steps...waiting sucks! Now to go walk Buttercup...
No comments:
Post a Comment