Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat

For us, I think it is a trick this year, definitely not a treat. 

I knew today would be hard for two reasons, but I didn't think it would be this hard.  We were sooo looking forward to Halloween with our little pumpkin.  We had several cute outfits...one was a warm, fuzzy, cute little pumpkin onesie with a hood that had the stem on it.  Another was a skeleton shirt that was glow in the dark.  Plus all the other Halloween related clothes we had gotten.  All of them made us smile so much when we bought them.  They still do...but in a very bittersweet way.

Today, a co-worker, who is also a fairly good friend, had her baby boy today.  It has been in the back of my mind since Owen...they knew they were having a boy and that her c-section was scheduled for Halloween.  Even still...it was sooo hard to get that email.  I did not truly realize it would affect me this much.  I'm truly so happy for them, but it makes me miss what we do not have.  Reading those words...mom and baby are doing good...just breaks my heart in to a million pieces. 

No comments: