Sunday, November 11, 2012

Different Meanings

There are so many things that now have different meanings to me.  Last night, I was at the Alan Jackson concert and he sang "Where were you when the world stopped turning"...his song about Sept. 11.  That song took on a totally new meaning to me last night.  I did not immediately interpret the song with the new meaning...it was not until the 2nd verse that it really hit me...where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day (our world did stop turning and I can remember that day vividly)...I was trying to keep it together and just ignore everything going on around me and tune out the song being sung right in front of me and coming out quite loudly on the many speakers.  It wasn't until my sister leaned over and said that this song has another meaning now...then I started crying (don't feel guilty Erin, I was struggling already).  Yep, me sitting in the middle of a concert crying...luckily the next song was an upbeat song (I don't even remember what it was) and I could get myself back together.  It will be a long while until I can listen to that song again.  There have been other songs on the radio that have hit me that way...Over You (the song Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert wrote about Blake's brother) is one of them...I just have to turn the station in the car a lot. 

No comments: