Monday, November 5, 2012

Crazy week

It's been an up and down week this past week. 

It started with our niece's baptism.  My brother and his wife had their second daughter, Jenna Josephine, the day before Owen was born.  She's a beautiful little girl and I am quite honored to be her godmother.  It was a good day, but still quite a hard one for us. 

We took the stone design that we would like to have to the funeral home.  We are waiting for them to get back to us with their version. 

Then Halloween, which was a very difficult day.

Thursday I got my hair cut and colored, then a pedicure.  3 hours at Mint was good for me!

I got a much needed back massage on Friday.  The lady I went to said my back is a mess, which she expected after everything going on, and told me to come back soon. 

Friday night was a memorial mass at our church to honor family members that have passed away during the year for All Souls Day.  Owen was included in that mass.  It was a very nice service.  They lit candles for every person and a family member brought them up during the service to be placed on the altar.  I got to bring home a candle for us to be able to have and light to remember him.  I also did not realize that the priest at our church speaks fluent spanish and I was quite impressed.  I knew they have a spanish mass every Sunday, but I guessed they had a hispanic priest (they had a hispanic nun read the spanish names during the memorial mass, so I expected a priest too). 

Saturday was a baby shower for one of my best friends from home.  I helped her mom with the shower games.  I definitely wanted to be there and she knew it would be hard for me, which it was...I kept it together though!  It was a good time and I'm so glad I went.  That night I watched my nephews for my sister and her husband.  We had a fun night.  (And, yes...I drove from Decatur to Dieterich to Riverton and back to Decatur in one day.)

Yesterday was quite a relaxing day (that I really needed), except that I watched a sad (to me at least) movie...We Bought A Zoo.  Gene felt guilty that he dvr'd it and then I cried through most of it.  I think that is just the way I'm going to be for quite some time though. 

Today, I went to go get blood drawn (twice...they used the wrong colored vials for some of the blood they drew the first time and I had to go back) for more blood work.  Hopefully this will give us more answers soon.  More waiting now...  After that, I met another old friend that was in town for a training and we got lunch together.  We caught up a bit as we haven't talked much since we moved to Europe and back. 

The rest of the week should be hopefully be a little less up and down, I hope.  And, I think it is time to stop typing before Buttercup sits on the computer since I'm not paying attention to her (just a tad spoiled).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am in awe of your strength. Im so sorry you had such a crazy week...