Monday, August 26, 2013

Ways to Remember

October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. 

There are many ways to remember either your loss or someone else's loss during October.

We have begun going to the SHARE meetings in Springfield and there is a Walk to Remember on October 5th.  I am planning to walk in this walk (need to get my registration in).  They read the names of the babies that are remembered that day.  Their names can be included on a shirt, as well.  If anyone is interested you can see the walk details here.  You can order shirts and not walk or walk and not get shirts or just donate in their honor...whatever you feel like.  In Springfield, they have an Angel of Hope in Washington Park and names can be included there (I recently sent a donation and am getting Owen's name included using some of the money we received in his name). 

There may be a local walk in your area (if you are not from where we are at) and would like to honor Owen or another child.  You can check here or here (check back often as they are just now starting to update for 2013).

On October 15th, you can light a candle in honor of Owen or another child.  You can do this on any day, really...I do this often with my beautiful Scentsy warmer (thanks Erin! :) ) or Owen's candle from our church. 

Whatever you do...letting the parents whose child you are honoring know you did something is a wonderful idea.  It may make them cry...I usually do when someone tells me that they thought of Owen, did something in his name or whatever it may be...but I LOVE IT!  It means SOOOOO much to know that you directly, a friend, a stranger or whoever thought of him and did not forget that he existed.  Just know it is a good cry...those do exist in this crazy world I live in!  :) 

No comments: