Monday, March 8, 2010
The Bise Winds
The winds coming down from the mountains has been very strong and cold since Friday night and they are called the Bise Winds (pronounced bees) . Since our apartment is higher up on the hillside, the wind hits the apartment really hard and it really rattles our metal shutters. This weekend, I could barely sleep because of it. And, of course the temperature dropped quite a bit. Tonight when I came home from work, there was a wind tunnel in our basement and the temperature has dropped quite a lot since a week ago...50's to 20's with a bad windchill. So, now I'm sitting on the couch and should be working...but enjoying the nice fire Gene built in the fireplace and cozied up in the blanket. :) NICE...except that the wind is HOWLING and I just hope I can sleep tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment