Sunday, March 14, 2010

Skiing again...

We went skiing again today for 2 reasons. One, to go skiing and two, to check out the snow for sledding when the Brusky's arrive. Still a lot of snow out there for skiing and sledding alike. We went to the close place (Les Rousses) and had a good time. Gene (me) got brave (or stupid) and decided to take video while skiing with his phone. Unfortunately the phone was set to MMS video length so it was only about 15-25 second clips. Last one was cut short so I (Gene) could put the phone up before we got to a steeper portion of the slopes. These were taken during the last run of the day and you can hear how icy it was getting as the slushy snow was re-freezing. The snow reminded me of Wisconsin or Missouri skiing. There was pine cones on the slope, probably blown down by the Bise winds, but later I also saw people on the slope with their dogs. I then stopped running over the pine cones just in case it actually was a dog turd. Ang was perfect as usual on the skis but I amazingly made it the whole day without falling once. I even went away from my bread and butter move of "pizza slice" for the actual carving/side by side technique with moderate success. I guess that is what 2 weeks of watching the Winter Olympics can do for a guy. Good times and not a bad day.

No comments: