Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The joys of being a manager...

are wonderful...NOT. This week has been pretty rough. It was the first time I've been involved in terminating an employee. WOW! That's difficult and I was just a participant, didn't even give the news. But, it was better for the employee and for the company. The staff in the office are very restless and obviously upset about it. The rumors are now flying like crazy...a lot involving me. Most are untrue, but of course they don't care. One was...that Gene and I are coming home this summer...that was complete news to us!!! I now have to let them all know they are believing complete lies. Oh well. I guess this comes with the job....the fun and not so fun....and I knew I would have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Hope your week looks up. I will have you in my prayers.

Adam said...

You should watch "Up in the Air", it has lots of firing tips and has a couple of scenes from the Mansion House Apartments (where I stayed in St Louis)

Just FYI, the word verification for this post is: quertab. Does Gene develop these codes?