I will preface this...I will upset family with this post, but maybe you will realize an inkling of how much I was hurt with your actions this week. I think I could rank the hurts in my life and this would probably rank immediately right behind finding out our baby O had no heartbeat and burying Owen. Yes, that is how much this hurt me. It's funny how family is supposed to be there as support and yet they can be the ones that hurt you the most. I will say that I debated posting this, but I need to get it off my mind and they really need to understand how hurtful they are.
My brother's wife (from SC) is in town with her two very undeserved kids. She wanted to get together with my sister and her family before she returns home to SC. They invited my other brother's family, as well. Somewhere kind of in the middle of where we are all at is Decatur...30 min for the Brusky's and a little over an hour for the others. So, they invited me to meet up too (Gene was working). No one could decide where to eat, so Erin and I decided on La Gondola so Sam could have his favorite dinner and we would just eat at our house...kids could run around and be kids too. I guess that was my first mistake...allowing people that aren't considerate in to my space. It won't be happening again anytime soon.
We were eating dinner when my brother called his wife to talk. She literally had the nerve to say that he had it easy while she had to watch their 2 kids by herself. He's currently training in Texas to be able to advance his career and do better for his family, since she can't maintain even a part-time job. AND they made this decision to do this (apparently together), knowing that they were having a 2nd kid. AND at that moment in time other people were watching her 2 kids and did most of the night (and from what it seems this is very common that other people care for her kids instead of her). I got up and left the room at this time before I slapped her or said something bad because she does not deserve her 2 kids at all. They are her trophies and that is it.
The evening continued and everyone was starting to get ready to leave. We were sitting in the family room and when my brother's wife commented that she wanted to get a picture of all the cousins since they were all here. The other sister-in-law agreed. I had to leave the room before I said something or lost it. I went in to the dining room and busied myself with the puzzle I am working on and tried to ignore what was going on. My sister realized what was going on and told them to stop because it was rude and inconsiderate. The request continued and I finally lost it. Instead of doing what I really wanted to do which was to run in to the other room and give them a very loud piece of my mind even with the kids in the room, I ran to my bedroom and just completely collapsed, crying my heart out. The only reason I did not give them a piece of my mind was because I did not want my sister's boys to see that. I felt like my heart had been ripped out and stomped on a million times. My sister asked them to leave.
That was one of my dreams for Owen...to be able to take pictures with his cousins. And, then to say that all the cousins are here?! Really?! Well they aren't. You may not believe that because you have moved on and you have your babies, but my heart and mind says they aren't all here because I live this fact every minute of my life and will until I meet him again in heaven...my heart will always have a gigantic hole in it. When you are at our house, respect the fact that our son died. He is your nephew and your kids' cousin. Don't walk in to my house and try to take pictures of all the cousins and think that I'm going to be OK with it. I realize he's not physically here to take pictures with, but why would you even allow this to cross your mind that it is OK to do this in front of me, at my house?? And to not realize that it would upset me or to defend the other one?? It should have never even been brought up at all. IT HURTS MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE, STILL DOES 3 DAYS LATER. If you wanted to do this, you should have done it without me anywhere close by and clearly NOT AT MY HOUSE. You have zero respect for us, Gene, Owen and I, and we have yet to get a true apology about this. Other family members were very respectful at Christmas time and included Owen in what they did for gifts for our parents or decorations. Why couldn't you be even a tiny bit respectful, it's not that hard??
Buttercup realized how horrible my night was and somehow she went out and got me some beautiful flowers. :) Such a talented puppy! I'm lucky to have a fabulous husband, puppy, some of our family members that are respectful and understanding and some good friends (who were completely appalled by this)! Love you all so much and thanks for putting up with the craziness that has become our lives. I wish it didn't have to be, but very unfortunately this is what we were given.

2 comments:
{{Hugs}} Love you!!!
I'm sorry they were so ignorant, cruel, and disrespectful.
Post a Comment