In order to try and reach more people for Return to Zero...I am going to be open that I recently did join facebook. Yes, me, who has avoided it forever. I finally joined it a few months ago because I wanted to be able to reach support groups and be in some groups there. I can see that facebook is good in some limited aspects, like in this case where I can maybe reach a ton more people to learn about Return to Zero and hopefully they will pledge to go watch it. I would consider using Gene's facebook, but that is his space and he is very private about feelings and Owen. (Not sure that he even knows I have an account...the only person that may know is my sister because she accidentally stumbled across my account a week or so ago.) Up until about 2 days ago, I never intended to do this. With the movie needing as many pledges as possible, I am putting aside my personal feelings about keeping my facebook account private and going to put it all out there.
So...now, you may now see me at facebook. Some of you will be very happy, others eh. Please be warned that if you want to be my friend, I joined for support groups and that will still be my primary reason for being there...so I will probably be posting things related to my support groups and things like Return to Zero. If you don't want to see that, then don't friend me. I'm OK with that. :)
1 comment:
For me, Facebook has been part of the healing from my losses. While there are times that I get frustrated or overwhelmed - like when a pregnant acquaintance feels that she needs to share every ultrasound picture or another person is complaining about their kids' neediness - there are friends and family that are able to offer support and encouragement. While I wish this "club" didn't exist, it is nice to know that I am not alone. You are not alone either.
Post a Comment