is done now. There are 3 things left to pack...my china cabinet that held all my snow globes, the mirror from the top of our dresser and our small step stool (they plan to use it tomorrow for loading the truck...although not sure why they don't have their own?!?!). Everything else is boxed, wrapped and packed.
The movers came on time today or almost on time. They got here shortly after 8 and got right to work. For the first 3 hours, I thought they had 3 people today. I asked Gene when they were going to start to pack the stuff in the cave. He told me that it was almost done already...the 4th guy was down already packing. We spent most of our morning searching for homes online just to get an idea of where we hope to look at (or at least a general area), prices, options, etc. Depending on where we end up at, there could be some nice options! :)
When we left for lunch, we stopped in the basement and they had unpacked almost all the plastic totes and repacked the stuff in to boxes. All I gotta say is all of our Christmas ornaments and decorations better make it back in one piece!!!!!!!!!! After lunch, they finished up the majority of the packing while Gene and I searched for jobs for him. I found him several job options and even applied for 1 and started the 2nd application for him. And I even sent a few other options to some friends/family looking too. I was busy with the job search engines! :) Honestly this is the first time I've had the time/opportunity to even help Gene. Hopefully something turns up soon for him!! Keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts/prayers for his search as it has been difficult so far.
Now, we are just doing some apartment cleaning, then going to head back to our new place. Tomorrow is pack-up day and of course the packing of those last few items. Hopefully it doesn't take all day and we are able to cross a few more chores off of our list tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment