Oh how we miss you and all the things we would have done in this first year.
Tomorrow (well really today now, but I haven't slept so tomorrow still) we will be together with our family and some close friends that love you just as much as we do. It will be a day to celebrate your birthday and show how much you mean to us. I do not know how it will go exactly. I'm sure many tears will be shed, but many of them will be happy tears because everyone will be thinking of you. We'll be sending you lots of love and also some balloons with our own touch on them! Your wonderful dad came up with a great idea and can't wait to see it work. :) We'll come visit you for a while, too, of course. Oh and we are having cake. What is a first birthday without a cake?! Your cousin, Sam, insisted this last weekend that you must have a cake. He's absolutely sure that you will blow out the candle from heaven in a miracle. He's so excited for your party tomorrow! Oh how that boy loves you!! Again, your dad came up with a great cake this week. I can't wait to see how it all turns out tomorrow.
I will be missing you so much tomorrow. I never imagined when I was pregnant with you that this is how we would be spending your first birthday...planning the best way to honor you instead of baking a small cake for you to smash.
Just know that while we will be sad that you are not here with us for your first birthday...we love you more than words...always and forever!!!
Happy first birthday our sweet monkey Owen!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sweet Owen!!!! <3
Sending you love and light on this challenging milestone.
Happy birthday to Owen.
Post a Comment