This week has been pretty crazy.
I barely had enough time to sit down at work so I barely had time to think about what tomorrow brings. I have to say that is a blessing honestly. I did have some moments at work...messages from friends and co-workers to say they were thinking of us this week, asking what they can do to help us prepare for tomorrow, what they can do to honor Owen on their own. Those moments had me on the verge of tears in the middle of the day. Luckily, I sit in a pretty private area.
The nights were just there. I did have some times where I did break down thinking of what tomorrow brings. It was good to talk with Gene about our plans for the day.
I got several other messages, cards or emails from friends and some family letting us know they are thinking of us. It means so much.
A year ago tonight, we were going through Baby O's nursery talking about what little things were left to do to get ready. We were still naïve to what could happen the next morning. We were so excited to be going to our appointment the next morning, to hear our baby's heartbeat again and start the weekly appointments to count down the last weeks. Instead, the next day we had one of the worst things ever happen to us. Here is the post from 1 week out from our loss. Our lives have changed so drastically in the last year.
While I'm still not OK with losing Owen...I never will be...I'm OK with where we are at in this roller coaster of a life we have been on. We have each other and we do have a great support system that we know we can reach out to for help, to talk to, to understand and just be there for whatever we need. We'll never be able to repay or say thank you enough to those family and friends that have been there for us.
Tomorrow will be a challenging day for us. We miss and love you so very much Owen, our sweet little monkey.

No comments:
Post a Comment