Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baby Book

Last week I started working on Owen's baby book.  I had been in a bit of a funk the week before, just a blah week and I decided I wanted to work on it.  While it was a mix of feelings, it was good to go back and really think of how my pregnancy went.  Instead of the first months of life outside, it focuses on the months inside.  It does have pages for the life outside up to I think 2 years and then you can even order up to 18 years.  I really felt good thinking about all the things we did during my pregnancy...Owen got to fly a few times, take the train, do lots of swimming, go to Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis, go to the state fair, eat LOTS of Mexican food and hot dogs with BBQ sauce and grilled onions all summer long, listen to Buttercup bark and growl...and just spend lots of time doing lots of fun things.  :)  There were difficult areas to think about too...what color were his eyes...we didn't even think to check, what caused his death...we still don't know, what would we love to do with him and tell him...well, everything, pictures...all we have are his ultrasounds (one of my favs is the 20(ish) week ultrasound where he was kicking me when they took the picture) and the personal ones we have from the hospital and funeral...and other areas.  I still have a lot left to finish...I did all I could manage at the time and I really want it to be perfect since it's the story of his life.  I'll get to it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. I regret not journalling through my pregnancy. I didn't know then how significant that part of my son's life would end up being.

Moeller's said...

Unfortunately, I did not do this either. I went back and looked at my calendar and what we did in order to remember and reflect on it. It helped a lot, but I'm sure I am missing a lot of things...especially the little things that don't get put in to a calendar. :(