Last week I had my follow-up appointment with the doctor. It went well. He did have to take my right tube, so it is like my tube is tied on that side. He did say that yes, my risk of having another ectopic does increase to about 15-20% higher chance of it occuring again, but he says the stats are in my favor (see prior post about my pessimism lately)...so I'm not necessarily in full agreement with him on the stats being in our favor. He is obviously more positive than I am, so he doesn't think we will have any further problems. When we do eventually decide to try again and find out that I am pregnant, I will have to go in to the office immediately instead of the normal wait. They will want to check immediately that the pregnancy has implanted properly. He checked my incisions and ended up pulling off the glue. That hurt quite a bit...felt like he ripped a band-aid off but worse. Then I had more blood work to check my hormone levels (they have to get to zero).
I'm healing pretty well. Not much soreness left this week. Had to go back in for more blood work, but ended up not needing to get stuck again (yeah). My numbers were pretty much at zero last week. I saw the dr. again...which I didn't realize I was going to do. They told me at the appt last week that it would just be labs. I guess it is nice to know that he cares and wants to check-in with me to see how I'm doing.
I did find out online that if we would (heaven forbid) have another ectopic and I lose my left tube, we do have one last option of IVF. So, we aren't totally out of options.
1 comment:
I know it's hard...believe me, I really do. But we have to have hope!! What else is there? It is so very cruel: Mother's Day, Father's Day, summertime when we thought we'd be making different memories, etc. We are preparing to begin a fresh IVF cycle sometime next week. I'm so freaked out (which probably isn't the best thing!) Have you considered accupuncture? Just a suggestion. I've been doing it once a week for almost 2 years (with about a 3 month break both before and after our loss). There's a lot of research out there that talks about it assisting in reproduction and I'm a believer (sometimes, we latch on to anything that gives us hope, I know...) Well, anyway, I just wanted to offer some words of support. Be well...and try to enjoy the upcoming holiday weekend :)
Post a Comment