Saturday, January 19, 2013

mail

Lately, the mail containing baby things has calmed down.  I really loved getting the formula samples, coupons for shutterfly to design cute baby announcements or print off awesome baby pictures, baby magazines, and other parenting advice info, other store coupons, etc. (sarcasm intended)  Luckily, we do have friends that could possibly use all this stuff.  But, it just reminded me each time of what we did not have.  Today, I got a survey from The National Opinion Network.  Do they really want the answers?  The questions were when was our baby born, what hospital, how long our baby stayed at the hospital before coming home....um...never, thanks for asking.  Did we choose breastfeeding or formula and if formula how often, what kind, etc. and the questions continued about formula.  Obviously it was a formula company sending out the survey.  I filled out the first few sections then seriously put 0 days for the coming home question and put on the side that he never came home.  Then in HUGE print across the rest of the survey wrote PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME FROM THIS MAILING LIST.  Doubt it will work because it probably won't actually go to the people who control the mailing list, but maybe whoever opens it will realize that not everyone gets to bring home a baby.  Just frustrated!

Then sort of on the same topic...Target.  I used to love Target, especially since it is 5 minutes from my house and on my way to/from work.  I sort of still do, but my love has gone to more of a like and I find myself not shopping there nearly as much as I did before, but then again my shopping has drastically decreased anyway.  There was an article floating around right at the beginning of my pregnancy about how they can predict whether someone is pregnant before they actually know or right when they find out because of the way they track your purchases (if you use a credit card).  Then they target (haha) what ads, coupons, mailings they send you.  It's unfortunate that they do not get the hint that you did not bring home a baby...you suddenly stop buying baby things...I haven't bought anything in 4 months and 6 days, but they don't track that part of it.  On the bottom of their weekly ads I get in my email, they still prominently advertise baby items and I still get baby specific emails.  Frustrating especially when I completely deleted my registry from there (they actually have a delete button unlike Babies R Us...assuming my registry still is out there for them).  Most mothers who actually bring home a baby would just leave the registry open until the store removes it.  So, when someone actually does delete a registry you would think that Target would get the hint (since they have such sophisticated tracking methods...this should be one of them).

Guess I know that I won't be giving my due date at any store in any future pregnancy and probably will watch what I buy at Target, as well. 

No comments: