I had a great night tonight! I got to spend some quality time with a joyful face from Europe!! I heard that one of my colleagues from the Rolle office was in town for strategy meetings with her department. It was a very busy week for her, but she found some time for dinner tonight. I distinctly remember how those weeks can be, so I had told her that I would love to meet up but only if she had the time and energy. She said she would make time for me and that just made my week! I was so looking forward to our evening. It was fabulous to catch up...it has been 1 year and about 3 1/2 months since I've seen anyone from Europe. The food was ok, but it was the company and the conversation that I loved! I also loved that she genuinely wanted to ask about Gene and I, how we were coping and managing, wanted to tell me that she was still thinking about us a lot and how devastated she was when we sent the message out that we lost Owen. She didn't even get to see me (other than a few pictures I sent) during my pregnancy, but she still was quite affected by our loss and spent time crying and praying for us. Plus, she also really missed Gene's cupcakes that he made and I brought to the office routinely the last few months we were there (trying to use up all our food that we couldn't take with us). :)
Oh how she made me miss Europe and all my friends there (the work not so much)!!!!!!
Soon there will be more Europe friends arriving and I hope that I can see some of them...unfortunately, they will be here while we are on vacation, so it will be a challenge to see everyone. I do have plans to meet up with some that arriving early and some that are staying late (airport meetings are already in the works..lol). I can't wait!! :) Z if you see this - we need to chat and see if our plans cross! I'm crossing my fingers that they do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment