Monday, April 15, 2013

One More Day

I heard this song when I was driving two weekends ago and it caught me off guard as I had not heard this song in a very long time and the next thing I know I'm crying my eyes out while driving.  People seeing me probably think I'm crazy.  It's an older Diamond Rio song that isn't played that much on the radio anymore.  I was thinking about it again tonight.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWx-shGM0g  (you can find anything on youtube I'm finding) :)  If I only had one day with Owen, but then again all I would be wishing for is one more day.  One day would never be enough...

Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished for, one more day with you
One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you
First thing I'd do, is pray for time to crawl
Then I'd unplug the telephone
And keep the TV off
I'd hold you every second
Say a million I love you's
That's what I'd do, with one more day with you

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Oh Angela...I can imagine why you cried. I haven't heard that song for years, but the words definitely hit me right in the heart. And you're right, one more day would leave me wishing for yet another day with Rowan over and over again, too.