Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Fool's...thankfully not!

Saying you are pregnant when you are not (or that you "miscarry" later) is probably one of THE MOST cruelest April Fool's jokes that I can think of right now.  Luckily, I did not actually see any jokes being played out yesterday, but I'm especially glad about this one not happening.  The evening news did talk about jokes that people posted on the news channel's facebook page last night and a few people in the viewing area did apparently try this joke.  It's very hurtful to anyone who has experienced a pregnancy/baby loss of any kind or is struggling to get pregnant or for those who may never be able to have kids of their own for whatever reason.  I saw a picture online that CarlyMarie (who creates the sunset name pictures in Australia) had created that said this exact thing last year (that it is a cruel joke to many others and to think about it before you do something like this).  Apparently, her picture went crazy online and had lots of negative feedback last year and this year, even though she tried to delete it (but it was too late).  CarlyMarie provides such healing, love and comfort to others in this horrible world of baby loss...so I can never imagine why anyone would say anything negative about her.  But, I guess until you experience this loss you will never completely understand so maybe those people do not realize how insensitive they can be.  Just realize that sometimes a joke is not just a joke to others. 

Side note: I found this picture online but it was missing the bottom and last part of words, so I didn't want to post it here.  I'm sure I could probably find the full picture, but since CarlyMarie had tried to delete it, I did not want to even post it. 

No comments: