Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 23 - Capture Your Grief

Day 23 - Jewelry/Tattoo:

Well, I do not have any tattoos.  But I do have several pieces of jewelry. 

The first item I received was a gift from my sister, a beautiful charm bracelet with an "O" and his birthstone, sapphire.  I wear this almost every day. 

I got a rosary bracelet from Gene's sister that she had made for me.  It is made of flowers from Owen's funeral and is extremely beautiful.  I am too afraid to wear it though because you can't get it wet.  I need to find a way to seal it somehow.  She also had other items made for Gene and other family members, so we all had something to have to remember Owen.  It was so sweet!

I then actually got some pieces for myself to honor Owen and one piece even benefited the STILL Project.  I got two necklaces from KVBijou.  This designer lost her son, Zachary, and designed the necklace below in his honor and a portion of the price went to the STILL Project.  I also found a beautiful, simple butterfly necklace at her shop.  :)  Then, I had gotten a necklace from a co-worker who sells jewelry.  It has a butterfly charm, an "O" charm and a mini sapphire ring charm (I need to get a charm for our lost angel still).  :)  I switch between these 3 necklaces quite a bit and for the most part wear something to remind me of him all the time.  Also, a few weeks ago, I posted about the beautiful necklace I received from a stranger.  Plenty of options to choose from!!

No comments: