Day 7 - You Now:
Hmm...me now...I struggle with this.
To look at myself, I no longer see who I was a little over a year ago. I feel so much older than I am now. I have aged quite a bit, at least internally. I have stretch marks and surgery scars to show for the last 1.5 years, since the stretch marks starting showing up several months before Owen arrived. I'm proud of them as it means they were real, they existed.
I feel like I have more tolerance and compassion...unless it comes to people just not being respectful and just plain mean to others...then I have zero tolerance for you and I won't put up with you anymore. This life is too short to deal with that and I do not need you in my life anymore.
I try to not be envious of other pregnant women or other mother's (try being a key word...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't). I know that many of them have their own stories of loss or infertility that they have battled. Sometimes it is just hard when they do have a baby to hold and we do not yet, especially if they do not appreciate what they have or are not respectful of us (see above)...luckily that is just a few people that we know.
I try to enjoy the little moments in life that we have as a family...even when I'm a little (ok...sometimes more than a little) heartbroken that Owen or our other baby are not here to enjoy it with us.
Here are two pictures from our recent Tennessee trip - Gene's favorite picture and one of mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment